Location: The Dawson Centre
Start Date: Thursday 27th, June 2019
End Date: Saturday 29th, June 2019
Development Outcomes: C
2 & ½ Day Lecture and Hands On
Equilibration is a simple but much misunderstood concept that is the cornerstone to truly minimally invasive dentistry. You will learn by lecture and hands on:
- The principles of equilibration
- How to perform a trial equilibration and why it is so important
- How to equilibrate a full coverage splint
- How to equilibrate provisional restorations to fulfil our occlusal goals
- How to equilibrate the natural dentition
- When equilibration is the best option and when it should not be used
- Design a stable, minimal stress occlusion (lines on the front, dots on the back).
- Recognize when to equilibrate your patient, and when other options should be considered.
- Identify how to schedule the equilibration appointment.
- Choose appropriate articulation paper to mark each type of occlusal interference.
- Assess when an occlusal splint should be considered prior to reshaping, repositioning or restoring.
- Evaluate how to efficiently equilibrate the natural dentition.
- Select, train and work with a dental assistant to efficiently adjust an occlusal splint and/or equilibrate the dentition.
- Verify when to use a full arch occlusal splint, and when to use an anterior deprogramming appliance.
Day 1 & 2: 8:30am registration 9am Start Class: 9am – 5:00pm
Day 3: Saturday 8:30am -9am Start Class: 9am – 12.30pm
All Inclusive course package includes
- 2 & ½ days of education
- Personal interaction with the Instructor and Teaching Assistant
- Meeting other like minded professionals
- Ability to discuss cases, techniques and issues relevant to your practice
- Unlimited refreshments provided for all delegates for 2 & ½ days
- Lunch is provided for days 1 & 2
On the first evening, an optional dinner will be hosted for the class at a nearby restaurant at approximately 5:30 / 6:00pm. There will be a fee per person due on the day to include dinner and wine. You are welcome to bring your companion to dinner – the same fee applies. Complimentary travel to and from the restaurant will be provided.
Accommodation: Take a look at our recommended local accommodation.
Instructor: Dr Ian Buckle, Teaching Assistant, Mentors
Tuition Fees: £1995 + VAT
CE Credits: 20
Recommended Prerequisite: Comprehensive Examination & Records, Treatment Planning Functional Aesthetic Excellence
Target Audience: General Dentists, Specialists, Lab Technicians
To enrol, please contact us on +44 (0)151 342 0410 or make an enquiry.