Location: The Dawson Academy, Wirral
Start Date: Thursday 15th November 2018
End Date: Saturday 17th November 2018
Development Outcomes: A, C
2 & ½ Day Lecture and Hands On
This course provides the participant with a programmed approach to diagnosis and treatment planning. Utilising the standardised records taught in Comprehensive Records and Examination, each dentist will learn how to visualise optimum dentistry from an aesthetic, functional, biological and structural perspective. Special emphasis will be placed on the four options of treatment (reshaping, repositioning, restoring and surgical correction), so that the correct option(s) are chosen for each patient.
Additionally, each student will learn how to segment large treatment plans, so that patients with financial issues can receive optimum care over time. The focus of the programme is to integrate a comprehensive treatment planning process into their practice. Suggestions will also be made on creating time and a place for optimum treatment planning. Finally, a consultation process will be discussed in detail, ensuring each participant will enjoy a healthy case acceptance rate
Course Size: 20
- Establish a step-by-step process for treatment planning any restorative case, from the simplest to the most complex.
- Explore why 90% of mistakes occur not during the restorative phase, but rather during the treatment planning process.
- Plan and visualise ideal esthetics and ideal function.
- Discover the need for/value of quality records.
- Master all of the critical checklists used to treatment plan every case.
- Investigate how the teeth should be positioned in space for optimum esthetics, phonetics and function.
- Identify specifically how to utilize the diagnostic photographs in conjunction with mounted diagnostic models to visualise an optimum course of treatment.
- Work on actual study casts to apply these concepts.
- Develop an ideal, efficient and profitable treatment sequence for each case.
- Create a segmented treatment plan so that optimum care can be delivered over a longer period of time.
- Organise your schedule and create a treatment planning process within your practice.
Day 1 & 2: 8:30am registration 9am Start Class: 9am – 5:00pm
Day 3: Saturday 8:30am -9am Start Class: 9am – 12.30pm
On the first evening, an optional dinner will be hosted for the class at a nearby restaurant at approximately 5:30 / 6:00pm. There will be a fee per person due on the day to include dinner and wine. You are welcome to bring your companion to dinner – the same fee applies.
All Inclusive course package includes:
- 2 & ½ days of education
- Personal interaction with the Instructor and Teaching Assistant
- Meeting other like minded professionals
- Ability to discuss cases, techniques and issues relevant to your practice
- Unlimited refreshments provided for all delegates for 2 & ½ days, a host meal will be provided on the 1st night and all transport to and from the centre will be complimentary. Lunch will be provided on day 1 & 2 only
Accommodation:Take a look at our recommended local accommodation.
Instructor: Dr Ian Buckle, Teaching Assistant, Mentors
Tuition Fees: £1995 + VAT
CE Credits: 20
Recommended Prerequisite: Comprehensive Examination & Records
Target Audience: General Dentists, Specialists, Lab Technicians
To enrol please Contact us on +44 (0)151 342 0410 or make an enquiry.